Saturday 10 December 2011

happy Sunday......

My shop at Shearwater closed on Friday.....school holidays have begun so I am functioning at a slightly slower pace this weekend. It is sooooo nice. I have been totally consumed with my little Indigo world and while I can put the rest of my life (and my poor family's too ) on hold for a little while I look forward to thinking and doing something else.

On Thursday night two gorgeous 'just left school' Austrian Wwoofers arrived at our house. We have lots of wwoofers (not sure what they are....click through here) and love having the extra help and learning new things about how other people live in other countries. Camilla and Florentyna just graduated from a Steiner School in Austria so I thought they would be perfect at helping me with my Indigo 'stuff'. I do all the painting of wool (my kids do some) and tracing and cutting of the kits and it is very time consuming. How excited am I!!!!! If only they arrived a few weeks ago....or if only they could stay!!!!
They have done some filing, painted wool, painted fleece, made heaps of felting kits and traced loads of horses and mice AND cut them out.....
here is Florentyna painting wool 

and Camilla making felting kits.....

The best bit (well one of the best bits) is that I had some time to open my eyes to other things around here....

Thought you might like an update on Curly.....mouth stained green from eating grass all day.

here he is again with the stunning Salt 'n Pepper

I even had time to notice that baby pumpkins had begun to grow again....yay

and the Poinciana Tree was flowering

and we had a huge bunch of bananas growing - yay again

and the mango tree was bare of fruit....looks like not one mango this season......not so good.

I just picked up the new Donna Hay Magazine because I wanted those biscuits in my kitchen - like real ones not just on the cover of a magazine. Wow I wonder if time will allow that to happen....only time will tell.

but I got this instead.....two tim tams as I felt like some chocolate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget if you need anything from Indigo online I am taking orders until the 18th of December and then will be closed until the 16th of January 2012.

Is your life a little crazy too or is it just right????

Lots of love ♥Jo

9 comments:

  1. Jo, your home looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks Louisa....yes it is pretty comfy....a little too cluttered but comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, having some Woofers, they'll be a great help. How long will they stay?

    I made some Waldorf dolls, my first, you might take a look?

    ...and I want some more felt, I'll take a look at your online shop, life is a little crazy and I'm not sure I'll get to Mullum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nanette....I know we are very lucky....I think they are staying until just before Christmas.....they are so nice.
    I will have a look at your dolls - I assume on your blog.
    You can just call about the felt or order online - which ever is easier. ♥Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the look of all of that!
    I little too crazy...but not for long, I hope Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Schools stuff doesnt finish for a week and a half...so no slowing down here yet!

    I think its so cool you have a banana tree!!

    Enjoy the slower pace...

    :) Jacq

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Luisa and Jacq....we have about 10 banana palms I think....the trick is getting to them before the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I want some Austrian woofers.... they would feel at home here with a fellow Austrian!! No space for woofers yet but I'm hoping one day soon.
    Your yard and trees are looking lovely, Jo. We were recently at LIsmore for 5 weeks (at my mums) so your pics are a nice reminder of our stay there. Beautiful area, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just right, I'm hoping - as here I am having a little moment to pause in all the cleaning and clearing of our big move and checking out your post! Maybe it means it will be more like crazy later???!!!
    Your place is beautiful and an inspiration like you and I'm sooooo looking forward to having a piece of that again at 'the bend'. See you Tues xoxo

    ReplyDelete