Thursday 12 April 2012

I love my time in Melbourne....

Coming from a smallish country town and going to the city can be pretty exciting....so when my brother said he was renting a house out just off Brunswick St in Fitzroy I was a little excited to say the least....It was walking distance to the Melbourne Garden Show where he was exhibiting and just around the corner from The Rose Street Markets which were closed when we were there in January and only a quick tram ride into the city to catch the sky bus to the airport.....too easy!!!!!

'all you need is love' was spotted on a wall while sipping on a coffee and just called me to photograph it....

Here is my little worker man Sasha, at the Garden Show working for his uncle. 



I loved this easter shop window display...

the view from the roof garden in Fitzroy

some street art...this was actually painted on to the front of a house...

Brunswick St
Jason's two gold medals from the show...

another window display..

just because...

What about you...are you living in the country and excited by the city or from the city and excited by the country?? 

Have a lovely weekend xox Jo

1 comment:

  1. LOL well I grew up in Melbourne, in all sorts of busy places....St Kilda and Carlton were the inner city places I lived, I worked in Swanston St for a while. I moved to the country before starting my family, and I love it here, I will never move back :) We do visit Melbourne, and I am sure I would like it more if we went somewhere interesting while we were there! I will keep the garden show in mind for next year.....it looks so beautiful!

    Jacq

    ReplyDelete